Foreign Currency Savings Deposit
Exchange yen for 13 different foreign currencies, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Foreign Currency Deposit products may fall below the original amount in yen.Click here for more details
PowerFlex Foreign Currency Savings Deposit
- 13 foreign currencies available
- Exchange currency 24/7
- Variable interest rate
- Affordable commission fees
Foreign currency deposits are set-up using exchange rates based on market conditions.
- In the event of sudden fluctuations in foreign exchange markets, etc., the exchange rates presented by the bank may differ significantly from prevailing exchange rates.
Variable interest rate is adjusted daily. Interest rate changes depending on the daily closing balance.
- According to market trends, campaigns, etc. in some instances, preferential interest rates may change or may not be applied.
Foreign Exchange Fees
Foreign exchange fees apply when depositing/withdrawing yen into/out of foreign currency accounts.
- If there is a dramatic increase in foreign currency exchange requests while markets are closed (e.g. weekends, holidays, etc.) or drastic market fluctuations, unconventional currency exchange fees may be applied.
Acceptable Customer Risk Level
This product is recommended for customers with acceptable risk levels 1-5.
|Deposit Amount||1 subsidiary currency unit|
|Interest Payment Method||Monthly||Currency of Interest||Foreign currency|
(same as original deposit)
|Principal Guarantee||Foreign currency deposit may fall below the original amount in yen.More details|
|Deposit Insurance||Not covered by deposit insurance.|
Please note:When purchasing or selling foreign currency via Shinsei PowerDirect or Shinsei PowerCall(automated guidance), there is a maximum volume limit per single transaction. There is no daily maximum limit to the number of transactions you can make.
Transactions between Yen and Foreign Currency
- Minimum amount of at least 1,000 yen
* This is not limited to the settling out of foreign currency deposits by Shinsei PowerCall (operator).
- For Shinsei PowerDirect and Shinsei PowerCall (automated voice), the maximum amount allowed is the equivalent of 5 million yen. There are no limits to the number of transactions you can make per day. Please also note the maximum amount allowed per transaction between the time period of 7:00 a.m. Saturday to around 7:00 a.m. Monday (JST) is the equivalent of 2 million yen. For Shinsei PowerCall (operator), there is no maximum amount.
Cross Currency Transactions
- Minimum amount of at least 10 basic currency units
- For Shinsei PowerDirect, the maximum amount is 30,000 basic units for US Dollars,
Euros, and Canadian Dollars, 20,000 basic units for Pounds Sterling, and 50,000
basic units for Australian Dollars and New Zealand Dollars. There is no maximum
amount for Shinsei PowerCall (operator only).