Receiving Funds from Overseas
Receiving funds from Overseas / Receiving foreign currencies from Domestic financial institutions
In accordance with the Individual Number system effective from January 2016, customers who wish to make or receive international fund transfers are required to register theirIndividual Number (also called “My Number”)with us.
Fees and currencies available for fund transfers to Shinsei Bank
Handling fee for overseas or domestic foreign currency remittances and Japanese yen remittances from overseas or domestically from non-residents of Japan.
As of April 15, 2021
|Currencies available for fund transfers to Shinsei Bank||Fee|
|Japanese Yen||JPY 2,000|
|US Dollar||USD 18.00|
|Australian Dollar||AUD 24.00|
|New Zealand Dollar||NZD 26.00|
|Canadian Dollar||CAD 24.00|
|Sterling Pound||GBP 14.00|
|Hong Kong Dollar||HKD 145.00|
|Singapore Dollar||SGD 25.00|
|South-Africa Rand||ZAR 286.00|
|Norwegian Krone||NOK 154.00|
|Turkish Lira||TRY 147.00|
|Chinese Yuan*||CNY 125.00|
- Acceptable only for transfers madefrom Japanese domestic financial institutions.
- Remittance financial institutions or intermediary banks may charge fees separately from the handling fee.
- The handling fees for incoming foreign exchange remittances will be deducted separately from the incoming foreign exchange remittance amount.
- The handling fee will be deducted or debited from one of the following in the following order of priority: (1) the incoming funds (2) savings deposit account of the same currency as the incoming funds (3) yen savings deposit account. Customers cannot designate the currency for the handling fee. (3) In case of debiting the handling fee from customer's yen savings deposit account, 2,000 yen will be debited regardless of the currency received.
- The remittance will be returned to the requester if (1) funds received, (2) the amount of the savings deposit account of the same currency with the funds received and (3) yen savings deposit account are smaller than the amount of the handling fee. (1), (2), and (3) cannot be combined.
- Shinsei Bank will not debit the handling fee when it is paid by the sender.
- Foreign currency-based handling fees are determined so that they are equivalent to 2,000 yen. The fees are reviewed regularly since their amounts translated into yen change due to fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates.
2,000 yen Cash-back Program
2,000 yen will be returned per incoming foreign exchange remittance to the customers who are either "Shinsei Platinum" or "Shinsei Gold" under the Shinsei Step Up Program at the time of receiving the incoming foreign exchange remittance if the handling fee is deducted from their shinsei Bank Account. Please clickherefor the details about the program.
* The Incoming Foreign exchange remittance administrative fee (the handling fee) is an amount equivalent to 2,000 yen. However, the handling fee for "Shinsei Platinum" and "Shinsei Gold" customers will be virtually free of charge because 2,000 yen will be returned to them by the end of the following month. Foreign currency-based handling fees are determined so that they are equivalent to 2,000 yen. The fees are reviewed regularly since their amounts translated into yen change due to fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates.
If the handling fee is paid by the sender, no handling fee will be charged by Shinsei Bank and therefore cash-back program will not apply.
The Cash-Back program is unlimited and will apply to each incoming remittance.
Necessary information to receive money
This is the basic information required for the “Application Form for Remittance with Declaration”, to send funds from other banks to us.
[Notice]If you wish to receive funds in the originally transferred foreign currency into your Shinsei bank account, please instruct the sending bank to transfer the funds to your Shinsei bank account without converting to Japanese Yen.
- *1Please contact at PowerCall if you need additional information other than SWIFT Code.
- *2Please fill in the branch name and address corresponding to the branch
code on the cash card (The branch code 400 is Head office).
Please see theBranch Listto check the branch code, name and address. We have a new branch name and address if the branch you've opened the account has already been closed.
Registration of yourIndividual number (My number)is necessary when receiving funds from overseas. Please note that we may inquire about the circumstances and details in regards to funds transferred from overseas. In addition, we may also ask for some documents as evidence for the overseas transfer. "Advice of remittance" with the remitter's name, amount and message (if there is any) will be sent from Shinsei Bank after the funds is deposited. If the amount of fund transfer to Shinsei Bank from overseas is 30,000,000 yen equivalent or more, the "Report of Payment" will be mailed to you. Please fill in the relevant information and send it back to us.
Introductory Help Videos
& How-to Guide