Receiving Funds from Overseas

Receiving funds from Overseas / Receiving foreign currencies from Domestic financial institutions

In accordance with the Individual Number system effective from January 2016, customers who wish to make or receive international fund transfers are required to register theirIndividual Number (also called “My Number”)with us.

Fees and currencies available for fund transfers to Shinsei Bank

Shinsei PowerFlex account accepts the following currencies including Japanese Yen.

CurrenciesAccounts to be CreditedIncoming Foreign Exchange Remittance Administrative Fee*2
  • US Dollar (USD)
  • Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
  • Euro (EUR)
  • South African Rand (ZAR)
  • Canadian Dollar (CAD)
  • Norwegian Krone (NOK)
  • Australian Dollar (AUD)
  • Chinese Yuan (CNY)*1
  • British Pound (GBP)
  • Turkish Lira (TRY)
  • New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
  • Japanese Yen (JPY)
  • Singapore Dollar (SGD)

Credited into the savings account of the same currency

Refer to the Commission Table
  • *1Acceptable only for transfers madefrom Japanese domestic financial institutions.
  • *2Remittance financial institutions or intermediary banks may charge fees separately from Incoming Foreign Exchange Remittance Administrative Fee (the handling fee).
    The handling fee will be deducted from the fund you are receiving, your savings deposit account for the same currency you are receiving, or your yen savings deposit account. You cannot designate the account from which the fee will be deducted. The remittance fund will be returned to the remittance requester if aforementioned fee cannot be deducted.
    2,000 yen will be returned per incoming foreign exchange remittance to the customers who are either "Shinsei Platinum" or "Shinsei Gold" under the Shinsei Step Up Program at the time of receiving the incoming foreign exchange remittance if the handling fee is deducted from their shinsei Bank Account. Please clickherefor the details about the program.

Necessary information to receive money

This is the basic information required for the “Application Form for Remittance with Declaration”, to send funds from other banks to us.

[Notice]If you wish to receive funds in the originally transferred foreign currency into your Shinsei bank account, please instruct the sending bank to transfer the funds to your Shinsei bank account without converting to Japanese Yen.

  • *1Please contact at PowerCall if you need additional information other than SWIFT Code.
  • *2Please fill in the branch name and address corresponding to the branch code on the cash card (The branch code 400 is Head office).
    Please see theBranch Listto check the branch code, name and address. We have a new branch name and address if the branch you've opened the account has already been closed.

Deposit Processing

Registration of yourIndividual number (My number)is necessary when receiving funds from overseas. Please note that we may inquire about the circumstances and details in regards to funds transferred from overseas. In addition, we may also ask for some documents as evidence for the overseas transfer. "Advice of remittance" with the remitter's name, amount and message (if there is any) will be sent from Shinsei Bank after the funds is deposited. If the amount of fund transfer to Shinsei Bank from overseas is 30,000,000 yen equivalent or more, the "Report of Payment" will be mailed to you. Please fill in the relevant information and send it back to us.